Tuesday, July 20, 2010

South East Asian Study Conference

I decided to submit my paper for the South East Asian Study conference that is going to be held this coming Aug. That was back in March. I was uncertain and unsure what to expect. After all, it's going to be my first conference. So I decided to write the abstract. It was the most difficult 300 words essay that I had to write in my entire life (ok I may exaggerated a little bit :)

Anyway, my idea is to analyze The Big Durian & 10 Tahun Sebelum Merdeka and to understand the significance of our history and how it relates to the importance of nation building. Sounds complicated? Not quite actually. I categorize my first paper as raw and amateurish and I still have a long way to go...

I was excited when my abstract got accepted by the convenor! It took about almost a month to get the reply and sincerely, waiting wasn't fun at that stage. I got even more excited when the abstract was uploaded online. I'm officially going to present my paper in the conference...Insya Allah.

download abstract

No comments:

Post a Comment